Weekly Sunday Mass:
11:30 am Monday - Friday
Saturdays 11:00 am - 12:00 noon
Monday - Friday 11:00 am - 4:00 pm; Saturdays 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Sundays - 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
As per Archdiocesan guidelines, please adhere to the following protocols:
• you are asked to please bring and wear your own mask at Mass, removable only for the reception of Communion.
• hand sanitizer is available for your use on the table as you enter, or you may supply your own.
• please maintain individual social distancing; couples and families may sit together.
• Communion will be distributed in the hand only.
• Restroom access is available with limited capacity.
• A collection basket will be located on the table as you depart.
• No congregating inside the shrine will be allowed after Mass.
• The obligation to attend Sunday Mass is suspended until further notice.
Those who are at a high risk for COVID-19 (i.e those who are older than 65 or who have underlying health conditions) are urged not to come to church for Mass. Those who cannot attend Mass may be encouraged to spend time daily reading the Scriptures, praying with their families, watching a broadcast or live-streamed Mass and making an act of spiritual communion.
Thank you for your enthusiastic response to our first celebration of the Feast of St. Elias. At this time the total number of allotted slots for inside the Shrine for Mass has been filled. No further reservations for seating in the Shrine can be accepted, in order to maintain the social distancing needed to allow this event to happen safely.
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was founded to encourage and perpetuate devotion to Mary and her scapular under the special title of Our Lady of Mount Carmel.
Situated on 60 beautiful acres in the mid-Hudson region of New York State, the shrine is open 7 days a week, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm year around. Daily mass is celebrated Monday through Friday, 11:30 am and Sundays at 12 noon. A healing mass is also celebrated on the last Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm. All pilgrims are welcome to the Shrine. Here you can witness the importance of prayer in your life while deepening your commitment to God and devotion to Our Lady.
Visitors may participate in daily and Sunday liturgies, days of recollection, novenas and celebrations for Carmelite feast days, the sacrament of reconciliation and the outdoor Stations of the Cross. Our programs promote the spirituality of prayer, reflection, meditation and devotion to Mary and the Carmelite saints. Visit the Carmelite Gift Store, relax in the picnic grove or stroll along trails bordered by lakes and enhanced by a Cloister Walk with Carmelite Stations of the Cross and outdoor shrines.
The shrine is ministered by the Carmelite Friars of the North American Province of St. Elias, the St. Edith Stein Chapter of Lay Carmelites and The Friends of the Shrine.